Sunday 16 January 2011

32 - 33 Weeks


I reached 33 weeks pregnant 2 days ago. Only 47 days to go for me now. In one way it seems to be getting ever closer, yet in another is seems to be dragging.

My sickness is pretty bad again and I've had to request more anti nausea meds from my doctor. It is quite common when you suffer from Hyperemesis to have it worsen again near to the end so seems I'm text book. The SPD continues to worsen. I have physio though which starts on Wednesday 19th January at Bradford Royal Infirmary so I'm hoping they can give me some suggestions.

I'm amazed by how much my belly is growing now. I'm massive and its only going to get bigger. I have a feeling this is going to be a big baby. My mum treated me to the knowledge last night that I had a great uncle who was almost a stone when born (13 lbs something).... No thank-you! I was a hefty baby too at 8lb 10oz, so the likelihood is, he's going to be bigger rather than smaller. The stretchmarks are already starting in earnest so I'll have a nice map of those soon too.

Right now my mind is very pre-occupied by the fact my good friend Leah suffered from an ectopic pregnancy and had to have emergency surgery yesterday. I feel so lucky to have reached this stage. I feel sad and distressed for her. Just goes to show what a miracle having a baby actually is and is something that should never be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment