Sunday 16 January 2011

30 - 31 Weeks


Yesterday I reached the 31 weeks mark. In 6 short weeks I will reach what it known as 'term'. This isn't my due date but the date by which the baby is fully matured and ready to be born at any time. In 9 weeks, I will hopefully be holding our son and this bit, which hasn't been very enjoyable for me, will be over.

At the minute I suffering from quite bad nausea again. Today is an especially bad day. I can't find any fluid to drink which doesn't bring on the desire to be sick yet I am constantly thirsty. Bit of a crap situation to be honest. All I can do is hope tomorrow is a better day. Some days are not so bad, some are horrid.

The SPD is getting increasingly worse as times rolls on as well. Night time is crazy. Getting up for the loo is torture and i've started finding walking at that time, next to near impossible. Turning over feels like my pelvis is going to split in 2. I think I've resigned myself to the fact physiotherapy is no longer just an option, but a necessity. I'm hoping they'll give me some crutches or a stick to help, especially on night time toilet trips.

The baby is also moving about a lot right now. I can only think he's doing somersaults as thats what it feels like. Theres also a lot of bum and feet sticking out going on where I feel my side stretching and something bulging out. Its always in bed at night so I can't see whats going on.

I have my midwife appointment on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll get to see my actual midwife this time and soon will start to discuss birth options and methods of pain relief as all your hear about is how horrific childbirth is, which is less than comforting when you still have to go through it and you have no idea what to expect. I know every mother says its worth it when they hold their baby, but thats easy to say when youre on the other side of it. I know I'll manage it and I know it'll be worth it, but it doesn't stop me being terrified.

Today brought news that a friend is also pregnant which is excellent news as she's been trying for a while. It'll be nice that 2011 will bring babies to both of us first time mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment